Matches are open to the public, you do not have to be a GMSA member to participate!
IDPA membership is not required to participate in our monthly matches but is required to shoot in classifiers, regional and state level events.
If you are new to pistol shooting, and not sure if you're ready for IDPA, you might want to consider shooting in a few of our Tactical Pistol matches for starters. Many IDPA shooters participate in our Tactical Pistol matches just for practice.
Mr. Jeff McDonald was our first match director (1998-1999) and was the recipient of our original IDPA pistol box, shown in the pictures below. Although it looks home made, our Official IDPA Pistol Box was issued by IDPA back in 1999.
Match Director: Brian Ellenberg
Assistant Match Director: Harriett Williams
IDPA HQ Club Contact & Chief SO: Greg Pruitt
For more information, please email: email@example.com
Date: 4th Saturday of each month
Match Set up: Begins at 8:00AM
Registration: Begins at 8:15AM, (the match usually ends around 12:30-1:00)
Safety meeting & SO walk through begins at 9:00 with the match to begin immediately afterwards.
Round Count: about 100 (individual mileage may vary)
Match Fee: $10 for most - $5 for SO volunteers. Match Fee is waived for participants who help set up stages.
SO volunteers & score keepers are most welcome and sincerely appreciated
We shoot six stages (pistol bays 1-6)
OFFICIAL RULE BOOK - *NEW 2015 version* - effective March 1, 2015, click here (2 MB)
- Official email announcement from Joyce Wilson on 01/30/2015, click here to see email
- Second email announcement from Joyce Wilson, further explaining the changes, 02/02/2015, click here to see email
OTHER IDPA PUBLICATIONS - Half sheet size rule books (7-1/2 x 8-1/2)
- Match Administration Handbook that can be downloaded, printed, and stapled together, click here (118 KB)
OTHER IDPA PUBLICATIONS - Full sheet size rule books (8-1/2 x 11)
- Match Administration Handbook that can be downloaded, printed, and stapled together (25 pages) click here
- 06/14/2014 Rule book Clarifications (13 pages) click here